Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Restoration Series


"I will restore the years that the locusts have devoured".. Joel 2:25

I'm really so glad for this promise, because there have been "locusts" in my life that have done a fair amount of chewing and stripping. You know what I mean? Places of loss, disappointment, words that have hurt, people that have attacked or abandoned...I don't know what you do with those things, but I know what I did before I discovered what God promised He would do with those devoured places, if I would let Him.

I chose to call my jewelry pieces with green as their dominant color "The Restoration Series" because green is the color of life and growth, healing and prosperity. When I discovered that God would breathe life into all the damaged areas I tried to ignore or keep locked away, hidden and protected (well honestly, there were times when all my "hidden" stuff oozed all over unsuspecting people), for a time it seemed too good to be true. But on the day that I was diagnosed with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, it seemed my life might be changed forever for me, and not for the positive. During that season of loss of good health, I met some wonderful women who prayed for me and taught me another side of God that I hadn't known existed. Not only did He heal me of those awful diseases, but He healed quite a few broken places in my heart. Previously, I'd just believed that was the way I was! I received restoration in areas I hadn't even known were broken until that time. Those gnawing, stripping, chewing "locusts" had purposed to inflict my life, but God rescued and restored me. Well, actually He didn't restore me to where I had been up to that point, He restored me to a better, much better place.

My prayer for those who choose something from "The Restoration Series" is that each person will be reminded of that hope and promise, and that wearing a "Restoration" piece will bring joy. If you will believe Him and let Him, God will restore and heal and breathe new life into those dry, wounded, empty places. He will!! I'm here to testify. So enjoy your beautiful jewelry! Restoration is yours if you want it!!

9 comments:

One- said...

What a beautiful series! Being restored is an amazing gift. I love the significance of your pieces. Merry Christmas

Eryn said...

I love reading about what your series meaning behind them is! I'm glad Shannon started the contest, so I can read your blog!

Trish said...

Beautiful. Very beautiful!

Julie D. said...

I love this series. Thank you for your personal testimony behind it. It's beautiful.

Infarrantly Creative said...

Hey Margie...love the meaning behind the jewelry. I just make stuff for no particular reason. Maybe I should put purpose behind my stuff. :-)

One- said...

Hi Margie, it's Kim Anthony. We lost our niece to lupus, and still her twin sister is battling it right now. When did you get diagnosed, and then healed?

The Pace Posse said...

I love the colors in that bracelet. I too love how each of your series has a significance behind it. It makes them all the more special.

Julie D. said...

another comment, for another day! Reading about your jewelry makes me want to win even more!!

Eryn said...

Merry Christmas Margie...you'll soon probably start to feel used by all of our commenting so we can win the contest! We all just want your pretty jewelry so badly!