Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Worktable Prayer

Part of the evolution of Gems by George as a business, and the decision to pray over each jewelry item I create, resulted from a bittersweet time in the summer of 2007. After the loss of two beloved family members, back to back, and how that sequence of events changed the time constraints on my life, I was stuck on what to do with my little business that seemed stalled. Idea!!! I should pray about it and see what God might say on the matter. He didn't delay long on His answer to my question. Exodus 35:31-33 came to mind and lo and behold...look what it says, " and He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and understanding, in knowledge and all manner of workmanship, to design artistic works, to work in gold and silver and bronze, in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of artistic workmanship." So....I now have this posted over my work table as my prayer for Gems by George and the jewelry I design and produce.

My take on believing that God is answering my prayer for this business, i.e., imparting me with wisdom, knowledge, all manner of artistic workmanship (still on the developing stages in all of the above, I might add), is...He truly is the design source, and His purpose in all this is not just for me to make pretty baubles to sell. I believe His purpose is that each piece would not only impart beauty and enjoyment to the wearer, but that it would become a touch point of blessing, healing, peace, or whatever the wearer needs.

There is also a short scripture attached to each piece...connected to the characteristics of the dominant color of each piece of jewelry. So, black represents strength, and there is a scripture about strength attached to it. The same for each color, 12 colors in all at this point. You will notice on the header of the blog... 12 characteristics listed. Those are names of my different "Series" and are all linked to the colors of the individual jewelry pieces.

So, praying that you will not only feel beautiful, but be blessed when wearing Gems by George designs. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...so I've been reading your wonderful blog...when is the website going to come up?? I'm ready to shop! :)

Melody

erinlitteral said...

Beautiful idea.. would love to see your different series. Do you have a website? Love, Erin

Erica said...

Hi Grammy,
I like your blog. I never knew that great grandma kind of helped introduce you to beads. The necklace you made for Elida is very pretty. See you soon.
Emily

Shannon said...

oops! looks like I forgot to sign out!