Monday, January 7, 2008

The Friendship Series


A friend loves at all times. Prov. 17:17


Having a good friend is like having money in the bank. There's a sense of comfortableness that comes with a good friend, like the comfortableness of knowing that there is enough money to take care of your needs...and maybe a little extra. And a truly good friend is a rare and precious commodity, and definitely one to be treasured.

Years ago, a group of women took me under their wing, prayed for me during an especially difficult time in my life, and taught me about trust and friendship. 25 years later, they are still my dearest friends, though we don't see each other often...life has taken us in many different directions. But when we are together, there is such a sense of acceptance and enjoyment. I know I could call on them if I was in great need, and they would be there in a heartbeat. The same would be true, me for them. And I can be "me" around them in a way I'm not always free in other situations. Being together with them is a warm, comfortable treasure to my heart.

It says in the Word that "there is a friend sticks closer than a brother". As wonderful as my dear friends are to me, there was a time when one of them lived clear across the country, and for a long time, I didn't see or hear from her. Even though some of us are just across town, sometimes email is as close a communication as we have. Yet, whenever we are together, it's the connectedness of our hearts that makes these friendships fresh, no matter how long it's been. But that friend that sticks closer than a brother, He's the one I count on...in the middle of the night...in the middle of a crisis...in the middle of I-5 at rush hour. He is Jesus. His Spirit is as close as a whisper, and He likes hanging with me, and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, He's always right there.

The color "brown" lends itself to steadfastness, friendship, dependability, hearth, home, simplicity and warmth. My jewelry pieces with brown tones are usually spiced up with shimmering shades of golds, which speak of wisdom. When you wear a "Friendship" piece, my prayer is that it will remind you of the treasure of the friendships in your life, and the wisdom that you usually get as a bonus. Feeling a little alone right now? There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and He would love to just hang out with you. He's got the time!!! Just give Him a call.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

pretty piece!

Anonymous said...

Hey M.,
Bri loves the New Years traditions, but wants to know the fat content.
Kim

Gems by George said...

First day of the new year...no fat...only fun!!!