Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Peace Series


Ps. 29:11 … the Lord will give his people the blessing of peace.

Okay, so we've all just come off of Christmas and New Years. Anybody need a little peace? In my home, after having six little munchkins "dancing the hokey pokey" all over the place, I was ready for some peace. True to form, because I love to know the full meaning of words, I looked up the meaning of "peace" in this verse. You're gonna like this...peace here means: completeness in number, safety and soundness in body, welfare, health, prosperity, contentment, friendship, and peace from war. Hmmm...and I was just thinking it meant peace and quiet. So, are you thinking that you need any one, or all, of the above list? Peace is referred to here as a "blessing". Don't know about you, but any of those would bless my life alot!

I guess the qualifier in this is that I be "one" of His people. I am thankful that I've been given that offer in Jesus, and I am one of His kids. So, I've got my hands out to receive all of those wonderful "peace" offerings that God has stored up for me. How about you? He has a storehouse of wonderful gifts with your name on them...have you taken up His offer to be "one" of His in Jesus? If so, don't be shy. He delights in giving out those good gifts. If you haven't taken Him up on His offer yet, what are you waiting for?

Blue is the color of peace...cool blue waters, blue heavens, integrity, loyalty (don't you feel at peace when you know those you love are loyal to you). Blue is a "cool" color and it promotes concentration and contemplation...evoking the impression of expanse and distance and boundlessness. Enjoy wearing your blue Gems by George jewelry pieces, knowing that "blue" speaks of peace to you, a gift and a blessing from God to you because He delights in you!
PS...need a closeup of any of the jewelry...just click on the image...voila!

1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

I was the winner of Shannon's giveaway and just received my bracelet today. Thank you so much! It is simply gorgeous and fit perfectly. I will wear it often and treasure it always--hopefully adding a little "passion" into all I do. Thank you so much for sharing your creative gift. May you be blessed in this business.

-Jennifer